Saturday, March 04, 2006

How it actually happened

Well anyway, its like this. I finished my work on friday and wanted to go home on time(5.30 p.m.). Unfortunately I could not contact HER (the lady I fetch home) and therefore was stuck in office calling her office phone every 5 minutes. Finally after 20 minutes I managed to get her.

Lady: Oh, don't tell me you are leaving now! I have so much work to do and some of it is urgent.
Me : Uh... yea I have finished my work n I actually wanted to go back some time ago but I cant reach you.
Lady : Oh, my office line isnt working properly. I'll call you back as soon I finish this urgent matter ok?
Me : uh ok....

(Flashback to last night- thursday)
Lady : Are you staying back until 9 tomorrow? (Friday)
Me : Well maybe...not sure
Lady: I hope you do, I have a lot of work to rush
Me : uh ok, we'll see

(Ok, back to that present moment)
At 6.40, still no call from her, i tried calling her to tell her I would be going out for dinner since I'm waiting for her but no one picked up the phone. At that time it suddenly started raining very heavily. Darn...looks like I cant even go back.

6.45 the phone rings
Lady : Did you try to call me just now?
Me: yes..
Lady : Oh sorry about that, the phone is still not working properly. Do you want to go back now?
Me: Uh, its raining heavily now, my car is parked quite far away.
Lady : Oh I didnt realise it was raining. Luckily we didnt go back earlier !
Me: Har? If we had gone back just now(1 hour ago) we wouuld have escpaed the rain and jam.
Lady : oh...hehe.... well so what time do you want to go back?
Me: Well since all of us are stuck in office, probably we will just stay on till the rain stops. How can I contact you when I want to go back, perhaps you can give me the cellphone number of your colleague?
Lady : oh, cant la, they are all leaving soon already.
Me: Uh ok.... call me back in 30 minutes then.

As luck would have it, the rain stopped about 10 minutes later, and I could not reach HER when I called her office. Fine... I then went for dinner with my colleagues. Oh well since it was already so late, I might as well just stay back until 9 pm and catch up on some tasks, and claim the allowance that comes with staying back for 3 hours.

8.00 p.m. the phone rings
Lady: So when do you want to go back?
Me: I think I'll stay till 9 after all.
Lady: AWWWW... Couldn't you come earlier? I'm SOO BOREDD and I have finsished my work.
Me (...............you said yesterday that you wanted me to stay till 9, and I was the one being bored in office with nothing to do WAITING for YOU)
Uh.. i'll try to get to your place as fast as I can after I leave office.


9.15 pm in the car
Lady: Ah, you are finally here. Sigh, its going to be a boring weekend, i brought so much work home.
Me: Eh, I thought you said you were bored just now.
Lady: Oh, theres still a lot of work, but I didnt feel like doing it, so boring la..
Me: ...................(bangs head on car window)

6 comments:

Jonquina said...

...she really is a pain in the ass lah. I don't understand how you can put up with her for so long. -_-

ashes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ashes said...

..had to delete the earlier comment..a bit to extreme..
hahha..anyway seriously la pun..i really admire your kesabarann..memang hebat...

i dunno which drain i would hav dumped her if she was in my car...
haha..just kiddin..

maybe a river..:P

Eng said...

Let us learn from her patience. And WP, if you're looking for an extra income, be sure to find something that will not raise your blood pressure like what you are getting from her...

:P

YSLim said...

hahaha!

oledi told u not to fetch her...
just earn tat little money, not even enough to pay for car maintenance.....

Jonquina said...

LOL! Unbelievable is right. Pui fook, pui fook. I kow tow to you.