Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Do you know what day it is?

The question that strikes fear into the hearts of many men. "Dear, do you know what day is this?" And the answer is certainly not Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Frantically the guy will rack his brains, going through the list of birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates. For some guys, they pretend to have not forgotten. For some, they pretend to have known all along and try to trick the ladies to disclose the occasion by playing along with the conversation. Anyway I thought yesterdays conversation was rather amusing.


Me: hey do you know what tomorrow is?
Him: Uh......
Me: You know, being April and all
Him: Uh yea, yea.... so you want to go out for dinner?
Me: ... you dont know what date it is, do you?
Him: I think I know lar... April ma, around this date ma.
Me: Uh... actually its our 2 year working anniversary, we started working exactly 2 years ago on this date. I thought I'd just see if you remembered.
Him: Oh......
Me: Although the other anniversary is also coming up, but its not on 11th of April la. You forgot the real date RIGHT?
Him: Uh........

7 comments:

ashes said...

haha..hey..u reminded me of my first day of work too..
remember i started working in the cyber job on the 11th of April too..same as u..

but of course..i changed job n all..
anyway..happy annivesary!!
:)

ezra said...

girls and dates...does it matter har?..poor guy..hahahhaa...

give him a break lor...i do understand how he feels..hahaha..like answer also kena bombed..don't answer also kena bombed..it's a intentional TRAP..

Eng said...

yea lor... working anniversary is not an important date... esp when it's your 2nd year, unlike your first year... I won't bother remembering such dates lar (or is it just me???!!!)...

which suddenly reminds me, my 2nd year anniversary was in March 7 :P

Jyrenze said...

ashes: yea, I actually wanted to sms you and wish you happy anniversary, haha... but I forgot :p

alvin: HEHEHE

eng: Its not important la, just I just mention it for fun only

Eng said...

yea it was sure fun alrite...

Jonquina said...

Guys and dates...Tsk tsk...actually ah, I also can't remember the date I started working.
>.<

YeeYee said...

I remembered listening to the radio on the same exact issue 2 days ago. ha! Remembering some special dates meant a lot to a girl i guess. From our birthday, anniversary, the date our dog died, the date we start working, the date, if possible, remember when we get our first car, first date, our parent's birthday... Wah... guys, pityful hor?