Monday, September 17, 2007

My name means WHAT?

A souvenier from China from YS. Its supposed to be the interpretation of my name or something. When I took i t out of the box, I was rather dumbfounded.




Uh... A fat man standing watch outside, while a thin man is roasted over a fire in a small hut... next to a forest of dead trees with something that looks like the eye of sauron staring....


Actually the person drawing it did explain why it was drawn like that and all, unfortunately YS was not listening because he was distracted by being late.




Well I felt slightly better when I saw the picture of the stall. At least most of the drawings of names look rather weird as well and not just mine...haha

5 comments:

Jonquina said...

AHAHAHA! So cute! I have a few books on the formation of chinese characters and they looked a bit like that too!

ashes said...

eye of sauron staring..

hahhaha..tat was funny
try to get an interpretationla..i wanna know wat it means..
so tak kena mengena the connection between the characters..

Jyrenze said...

haha well if following the dictionary and all my surname means "yellow" then after that "smart" then "lady of the court". Goodness knows how it turned out to be like the drawing, haha

Eng said...

the Chinese culture is too rich to understand or know everything... perhaps we might never will

BJ said...

When u told me about the intepretation, I thought your name literally meant fat guy waiting outside while thin man is roasting in the fire in a dead forest