Saturday, September 10, 2005

Parking Etiquette

This morning on my way to the office from where I parked my car, I passed by the usual lorong and the usual cars... then I noticed some big notice pasted on the windshield of one of the cars. It read " This Taman has very limited parking, you have taken 2 parking spaces, please be more considerate in future" Then it struck me that one of the usual cars was not parked there. Aparrently this fella with the notice pasted on his car has parked kinda in the middle of the lorong, but not leaving enough space for another car to park in front of him. If only he had reversed a little more, then another car would be able to park there.

Suddenly I thought of when my friends asked me..why do I always park so close to the car behind me. You see I park along this playground(to avoid paying parking). More than 20 cars will be parked there everyday. There arent any boxes drawn on the ground so you can just park however you please. However when I park at a space that is large enough, I will always try to leave space for a 2nd car too park in front of me, because I know how difficult it is to get free parking...haha. I mean there have been sooo many times I was thinking, "aiya, if only this fella park one foot more to the front/back, then I can squeeze my car in la ! " So therefore I rather leave a space for another car to park comfortably rather than risk them trying their best to squueze in and scratching my car in the process.

Long live free parking !

9 comments:

Jonquina said...

So considerate...I'll think more of whether I can get out later or not. If they park so close to me, then difficult to get out.

ashes said...

ahha..wah in a way pun saying tat she's a very considered 'little girl' la...:P

well yea i hav seen many selfish drivers who park their car without thinking of others.
wish i could scratchhhhh their carrr..n if i was driving a lorry..i would puposely go near their can and "geser"..
yeaa..serve u right u selfish !#@#$@#!

Jyrenze said...

wah ash so ganas la..I better keep away from ur car..hahahha..jus kidding

Eng said...

my gawd Ash,
never knew you can be so nasty

BillyTong said...

I agree with what Steffi said. Think about myself whether can get out or not, rather than park so close like 1 foot gap between the cars, if somebody behind u park like only 1/2 feet away later. Lets see how u gonna get out with just 1.5 feet of spacing. >_>

Jyrenze said...

if they park too close, not my fault if i scratch their car, =p

BillyTong said...

lol but ur kelisa wont do much thing to a lorry or gigantic 4WD. :P

Something like a mitshubishi, STORM EVO with all the steel bumper arround it. :P

ashes said...

ahhah...eng...i get very nasty with all the inconsiderate car owners!so next time be careful when u park!
Mr.Ash with a lorry could be anywhere!
ahahha...jk..jk..:P

BillyTong said...

haha prakash instead of lorry which is ugly....get a second hand 4WD storm which run <50K :P