Thursday, June 14, 2007

A vicious cycle

2 days ago, I slept rather late because I was reading a comic online and it was sooooo slow in loading, but I really wanted to finish reading it. The next day I brought to work one of the Ipoh Old town Hazelnut flavour White Coffee sticks that my sis bought from Ipoh. I made a cup of coffee with 80% of the powder in that packet and drank it.

Wow it really works, on the way home I was so alert. However I felt rather tense, the feeling intensified when I was in the jam, tension betul.... I felt like screaming at the crawling cars. Darn, too muhc caffiene....

When I got home, I asked my sis about the coffee, she was like...what time did you drink it? I said... 3 something pm. She said, die la you, tonight no need to sleep adi, that stuff is very potent.

True enough, it was 2.30 am before I could sfinally nod off. The next day I was zombified... I wanted to drink coffee, but I was afraid I wont be able to sleep later on. On the way back home I fell asleep at the wheel a few times. Dang......... too dangerous adi. Apparently the caffiene lingered on to the 2nd day, because although I was sleeping driving home, I didnt feel sleepy that night until quite late.

Today I'm not taking any chances. I shall drink a little bit of coffee before driving home, just a little...... hopefully I dont suffer from insomnia again tonight.

Technorati Profile

7 comments:

ezra said...

Pun, in my heart you still remain as the no. #1 DOINKIE with your doinkie-fied habits. Slept on the wheels again? Dang..That’s DANG-erous. Wah lau yer..

You still want to celebrate mother’s day or not?.hahahaa..
Don’t drink too much coffee..leave the coffee to the addicts like me…bless you

=)

ashes said...

hmm..somehow coffee doesnt help me stay awake.dunno y tat trick doesnt wanna work for me.

and im not a coffee/tea fan also..i just drink it once in a blue moon..just when i feel like drinkin.

pun..u gotta b careful.i think its ur habbit already..to sleep while u drive.haha..u gotta change tat habbit lady.its really dangerous..really!

Jonquina said...

Puny, coffee has to be drunk in the morning, not after lunch.

Eng said...

come to think of it, coffee doesn't have much effect on me either... and sometimes the caffine makes me reckless, but sometimes it doesn't... dunno why or whats wrong

Jyrenze said...

hmm, if i tend to feel sleepy around 3 pm, do I drink coffee for breakfast or after lunch then?

YSLim said...

steph...i drink morning everyday...afternoon sometime for add on..

it also not much effect to me too...last time effective while studying in college...now i think oledi immune to it.

Anonymous said...

It is very dangerous to drive asleep...

Drink it in the morning, then it will be ok