Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm not Dory, yay!

Recently I have been getting worried. I can't remember if I have closed the auto gate after I drive away from home, and I put down my handphone 1 moment only to forget where I left it the next. I even go upstairs to get something and forget what I was doing once I reach the top. However all these are common occurrences in a normal human's life right?

Well I thought so too, until the day I was hunting for pants in my closet. I found a pair of 3 quarter pants buried under a few other pants. Googles brand somemore. It was my size, and it fit very well. The only problem was I don't have any memory whatsoever of acquiring said pants. Well, I put it on and went off to work(casual Friday). By the end of the day I was dead certain that it was my first time wearing those pants. Why on earth would I buy pants and not wear them if they fit properly?

When I got home, my sister was like, oh... where did you buy those pants? I want to get pants like that too. I was like, that's the problem, I can't remember...do you recall me buying this pair of pants? Sis : No ler.... Hmm... I left it as the most extreme case of poor memory on my part and went on with life.

Today, which is like months after that incident, I wore the pants again. My friend CY saw me and said, oh, you are wearing that pants! I was like huh... you recognise the pants?

CY: Neh... you forgot adi ar, your sister bought it for you one.
Me: Blank stare
CY: We bought it together ma, the same pants, I ask your sis to call you and ask you want or not..
Me: OHHHHHH!

Wow, suddenly I had the feeling of a long lost memory rushing back into my head. I was enlightened and felt like the greatest mystery of my life that had been bugging me for months had been solved at last. I don't recall the pants because I didn't buy them myself, and I probably have not seen them since the day my sister bought them, because we usually put our new clothing to wash right after we get home. My mum must have placed it in my cupboard, and everyone forgot about the existence of that pants.
With that enlightenment came another question.

"Eh, then why can't my sister remember the pants?" We questioned her.

Me: Eh, you bought these pants for me lar.
Sis: blank stare
CY: NEh, you remember or not, that day we went shopping and bla bla yada yada
Sis: Har got meh....
CY: Got laar...
Sis..... you mean I PAID for her pants?
Us:................

This just shows the main thing my sister is concerned about. :p


Me: No lar, you just helped me to buy, I paid you back later.
CY: Elaborates somemore ont he events of that day
Sis: Ohhhhh yaya I remember.
Me: What lar you, somemore you ask me where I bought that pants. Why didnt you get a pair for yourself?
Sis: oh I think that time dont have my size

Well, so the matter has been cleared up. Its my sister that suferring from memory loss! wahahahahaaha.... well actually all of us are probably equally forgetful. Sigh... but at least I'm not suffering from early Alzheimer's.

6 comments:

Jonquina said...

Mystery finally solved, eh?

YSLim said...

this is why people use PDA to write down anything that they possible forgetten..

i also will writen down the parking lot into my phone whenever i go to any shopping..

Jyrenze said...

Aiya, no one writes down that they have bought baju or not ma

Anonymous said...

wah hahaha.. nowadays ppl as young as us suspect themselves suffering from Alzheimer.. ahBan just complaint to me n now u.. hahahaa.. but luckily it's not really u but ur sis :p

Eng said...

OMG... it's the sign... it's the pointers... it's the evidence...
.
.
.
.
.
you're getting OLD... and so is your sis... muahahahaha

BillyTong said...

It seems to me that your aging speed is faster than your age.