Friday, November 18, 2005

A Salty Lunch

Today my colleague A suggested that we go SS2 for lunch in his car. Now we were wondering how come he was so generous to offer to drive us there. Then in the car, J said , "Hah, you are going to SS2 to pay your car saman ! I knew you weren't that good to fetch us to SS2 for no reason" Then A was like " Yaya...." So we went looking for parking, and managed to find a place. Then A said, ok you guys go ahead, we eat at this shop la..I go and pay my saman 1st... with that, A took off in a hurry.

That was when V said, "What else is there to eat around here"? Then my senior said there was nothing much, but if he wanted we would walk around and see. So we walked and walked. Then J whispered to us "Actually V does not want to eat porridge..." Then my senior told him,"Eh, there got rice also u know..." V was like, "hmmm ok....anything la" but he kept on walking. So we followed him until wewere quite far away from where we parked. We ended up at this certain shop that sells noodles and fried rice. Then we made a call to A to ask him to meet us there.

Now the pony tailed shop owner came to take our order. One look at his sour face made us wonder if we had made the right decision in coming. Before we could finish making out orders, he went away. We started looking at each other... Then I told them, uh, I have not ordered yet... THen they said, "hmm..he seems tob e in a bad mood today la that owner.." When the fella came back with the drinks, I gave him my order, and he gave me this withering look that seemed to say " How dare you waste my time by ordering late , you low life!" I mean who could talk to a face like that? I was like stammering away..."Uh..I want.... Ngua lam noodles...." Then he snapped " What noodle ??!!" I was like "uhhh...kuey teow..." Then he took off. V made us laugh by imitating his "What noodle??!!" speech over and over.

OK, here comes the food. V took one sip of his soup and went "Urghh, its soo salty !!" Yea actually my soup was salty too. So we were eating and A came back. A lady came to take his order.

Waitress : What would you like?
A: (Looks at V's food) Hmm, I'll have this one la
V: (Mouth full of food) *shakes head vigorously at A
Rest of us: *trying to contain our laughter
A: Yea, I'll have what he is having
V: Almost chokes on his food trying to convey the "NOOOOO!!!!" message
Waitress (Looking at V's strange actions) Uh..ok... this dish is very nice one, good choice !
Rest of us: (could not contain laughther anymore) AHAHAHAHHAAHA hAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA
Waitress: *Leaves the bunch of giggling fools(us)

A: What are you all laughing about? And V, what were you trying to do?
Rest of us : *faint from laughther overdose "WHY U SO BLUR ONE ! "

V complained that he shook his head until it hurt but still A could not get the message. Hopeless.......After that we had a good time reacting the scene over and over until A threatened to make us walk home. That didnt stop us from reacting the scene once we were in his car. :p

8 comments:

YSLim said...

wat kind of restaurant is it? y it is like so...................
erm.......salty mee....everyday in my office there, always got little choice of mee, got rice also la, just not feel wanna eat rice during lunch hour (at night everyday also eat rice)...

Jyrenze said...

Somehow most of their food also salty. No wonder so few ppl inside la.

Anonymous said...

tat was funny ... keeps me tune in to de right channels... i knw who those ppl ar... wif de initials... tat makes it more funny... haha ... i guess u did enjoy the lunch anyway although de food wasnt nice...

Eng said...

haih... A so charm hav to go pay saman alr and yet you ppl hav to zheng koo him/her.

and pls let us know the name of the restaurant so we won't eat there anymore....ok?

Jyrenze said...

pauline: haha u know I was thinking that only among my friends would know who the ppl r if u were to read this post.

eng: steffi asked me the same thing too. unfortunately i cant remember the name of the shop, only that its near the systematic. Beware of all long haired shop owners around there, haha

Anonymous said...

wat was A thinking when he saw V shaking his head? effect from last nite rave party? LOL
Love ur blog, so funny!
btw, next time plz drop down names of those weird restaurants, haha

ashes said...

i was just thinking..
what if you went back to the guy who took the orders and told him tat the food was too salty..
or even better tell him you dun wanna pay for it...coz the food is as lousy as his face...

ahhaha...i guess we would hav got an even more interetsing post for sure..:p

Jyrenze said...

My colleague told the gal that cleaned up that it was too salty la..haha. But I think it prob was useless la