Saturday, November 26, 2005

Usjio?

Conversation heard on radio yesterday evening

DJ1: Todays topic will be, strange names of streets and gardens in Malaysia. Call up and the strangest/funniest name given with earn you a prize !

Many people called with funny names like lorong ikan mati, jalan snuker etc. Then this guy called....

DJ1: Hello?
Guy: Yea I would like to tell you the name of this street next to me.
DJ1: Yea, whats the name of it?
Guy: Its called Usjio
DJ2: Usjio? What a strange name....Where are are you in now?
Guy: Oh I'm in USJ now

*Short moment of silence

DJ1: HAHahHAhahaha
DJ2: ahahahahahhahahaa
Guy: ????
DJ1: Usjio? USJ 10 is it?
Guy: Oh.....(sounds embarressed)hahaha...I really thought it was Usjio la
DJ2: We have to give him the prize la, hahahahaa
Guy: Oh thank you!
DJ1: So you shop in Lotio(Lot 10) often also la
Guy: ahahahhahaaa
(More laughther is heard on all 3 sides)

10 comments:

Jonquina said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was so funny. My uncle also made a similar mistake. He's from Singapore. We told him to take Jalan 222 to come to our house. He phoned up and said that he couldn't find Jalan TootTootToot -_-|||

My mom and I laughed like hell after that. XP

ashes said...

haha..me n my frens used to make fun of "Batang Berjuntai"(erm..i dunno how to explain tis..:P) back in skool..n i think in sabah n sarawak they hav more interesting names..for example.."Menggatal" n so on.

Jyrenze said...

No need to pretend ash, I know you can explain it :p

There is a street around my area called arasakesari. I wonder what that means

Eng said...

thank god I dun live in an area with weird road names

BillyTong said...

I still remember long time ago I receive a picture from my mail showing a street name Jalan Fuk Wee Fun.

Jonquina said...

There's this place in Sabah called Taman Public. I accidentally typed it as Taman Pubic and asked my boss why that place got such a weird name...*dies of embarassment*

Anonymous said...

OMG...

Anonymous said...

there are a lot of funny names...like in Singapore...they got one road called "Ah Mo Kio"..(it sound like the name of "tomato" in hokien)

Anonymous said...

another one is "Samba wang"...it sound like "Sam Pa"(in chinese--means sakai)

Anonymous said...

i lives in the street called Jalan Waras, n I'm known to b tak waras..lol
good one, wy-pun!