Saturday, November 12, 2005

The though provoking jelly bean

Today my friend gave me a few jelly beans from Australia. As I chewed on that bean on the way to work, a thought struck me. This bean I'm currently chomping was in Australia, it was in places that I have never set foot in before..and now it has travelled all the way to Malaysia to get eaten by me. As I rolled the unfortunately bean in my mouth, savouring the sweet taste, I pondered on the bean's fate. Then I started pondering on my own fate. Obviously my life would have been different if I had gone to a different school, joined a different intake at college.... Where would I be now if I had taken a different course or if my family had moved to Rawang as we originally planned to?

My dad told me to take another course. What will happen if I take it? What will happen if i don't? Hmm, life is like those picture books that I liked to read when I was a kid. Those that go like,. To go down this Path turn to page 5, to stay there and wait turn to page 10. Eventually only certian paths lead to a happy ending.

I'm Jasmine, 22 years old, Analyst Programmer. Where does my future lie?

9 comments:

Jonquina said...

And I'm Stephanie, 22 years old. Assistant Company Secretary. Which path should I take from hereon, O Wise Jelly Bean...

ashes said...

wah pun..while driving oso can ponder on so many things...no wonderla the cars behind all honking away and this gives me the answer to y u sometimes miss the road.
aihh..finally i managed to solve this mystery!!

Jyrenze said...

....
both your comments have spoilt my fate pondering mood

Jonquina said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! WAY TO GO ASHY WASHY! *high fives*

Eng said...

jelly bean oh jelly bean...
I'm more interested in knowing how's your fate when you're in my mouth...

Jonquina said...

Try the radish flavoured Jellybean. Or the Pepper one. Or those that Harry Potter ate. Anyhow, I have tasted horrible jellybeans before.

ashes said...

ahahha..aisay...pun's post comments getting out of topic adi.
poor pun...i think she expected some postive suggestions from her dear blogger frens..

ahhaha...all thanks to Steffi, Ash n Eng..:P

YSLim said...

for every peoples must go through the path of low to high...whoever can JUMP without go through the suffer period....who? got ar....rich family's kids.....since we got no rich family, that's why we hav to go through the way as how hard the jelly bean get into Malaysia regardless of how will be the ending.......

Jyrenze said...

Regardless of the ending... suddenly life sounds scary. I hope the jelly bean doesnt come back to haunt me.