Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm 22 for a moment....

Well after being sick for 1.5 weeks, I'm finally officially 22. Everyone goes like, oh you are still young, go chase your dreams, do whatever you want while you have the chance....I wish I was your age, yada yada.....

I maybe only be 22, but I feel old and jaded already. The world is changing, and not really in a good way either. I wonder how will things be like when I'm 40. Even now people are changing their gender until you cant tell who was originally what,little kids are killing their parents during their tantrums and and what not. Kids watch cartoons that I cringe at. Those with eyeballs being pulled out and tongues getting sawn off. Yikes, I really wonder what kind of people will they grow up to be. I'm starting to fear for my life, haha....

Kind of nostalgic to receive calls and sms from people that were once part of my daily life, but that I have not met for a long time. Its nice to remember the good times we had together, but sad that it probably will never happen again. I tend to keep thinking of "what was" instead of "what is". Must learn to appreciate what I have now instead of looking back.

I find myself still waiting for something to happen, something that will take me away from the mundaneness of daily life, something that will prod me to pack my bags and go seek my dreams. In the end I'm sure it is we ourselves who will make things happen. Its not much use just sitting and waiting. Oh well......there is always the hope that 1 million dollars will drop on my head someday, haha...yea right, dream on la....

Ok, enough of that, back to work ! :p

8 comments:

Jonquina said...

"I maybe only be 22, but I feel old and jaded already. The world is changing, and not really in a good way either. I wonder how will things be like when I'm 40."

Well...perhaps we'll feel young and vibrant at the age of 40? They did say that life starts at 40...

"Yikes, I really wonder what kind of people will they grow up to be. I'm starting to fear for my life, haha...."

Chastity belt, bullet proof vest...

" find myself still waiting for something to happen, something that will take me away from the mundaneness of daily life, something that will prod me to pack my bags and go seek my dreams."

Pack your bag. We'll be adventuring at "You-know-where" tomorrow. Oh, and if that doesn't satisfy you, I have not forgotten about my crazy dream of searching for the Lost City of Inca. And I need crazy partners to go with. :D

Jyrenze said...

You didnt tell me about Inca before, haha.... Yea well at least tomorrow is a day to look forward to, :p Don't rain!

Eng said...

aiyoh... you should hang out more often... go do workouts... many of my colleagues are goin to gym... maybe we all should

after gym can also hang out...

and what Philip would sure say... you should also eat rite.

Anonymous said...

Yes!, don look back :D

ashes said...

yea pun..seems we both hav somethin in common eh.
i guess im waiting for someone to ask me to pack my bags and start walking too..ahahah..lets keep our fingers crossed for this person ya..;)

haha..hey eng..tat sounds like a good idea..i like tat one..a good way to hang out too.

Eng said...

yea... I heard from my colleagues gyms has got lots of pretty gals...

only problem is that membership fees are quite expensive

Jyrenze said...

Yea seems the girls in gyms are girls that dont need to go gym....haha..either that or its middle aged aunties

Anonymous said...

"Must learn to appreciate what I have now instead of looking back."

I think bacause sometime we have a good memorable moment before, then we will look back...... however when what we have now, sometime we never appreciate, when it gone, then only we realize how important it is......