Saturday, July 02, 2005

Holiday? + Party World

Last week my senior went to Korea, this week another collegue went to bangkok, and this saturday (tomorrow) I will be going to..... Genting highlands. Well, its not really a holiday actually, but a church camp. I missed the 1st day of it bcoz of work, anyway it would be nice to be away from kl for a change, even if just for one night. Must save $$ so that I can go for holiday overseas too ! My bunnies will have to watch out for themselves tomorrow. Hope they don't destroy their cage and all thats in it before I get back.

Oh yea, on Thursday i went to our customer's shop for the 1st time. Actually since my collegue had to deliver some hardware there, we decided to eat there as well. So off all of us went to Ikano, and we were hanging around at the customer's shop. For us new staff, being the sakai's that we were, we examined every item in the shop. They really sell a lot of strange items, all related to throwing a kids party. They even had Willy Wonka sweets there like the everlasting gobstoppers from the book. One unique thing they sell that we seldom find in malaysia is this :

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What is this? My collegue said maybe it was for burning at Qing Ming, where they burn those paper stuff to ancestors. We all laughed like crazy. Actually it is a pinata, A paper thing filled with sweets to be knocked with a stick by a blindfolded person. I think it originated from Latin America or something. I never saw one of those before except in books.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At the party world, they sell many pinatas, shapes ranging from horses to footballs. They remind me of lanterns, hung up in shops during mooncake festival, only these were made of of some sort of paper

2 comments:

Eng said...

dun worry...I'm as sakai as you.
I never knew such a thing still exist...let alone seen in Malaysia

Jyrenze said...

Actually long ago I know about it liao, just that I thought most of u wouldn't,haha. but that was the 1st time I saw it la, previously read about it only